Thanksgiving - 2010

4 years ago, a friend of mine asked me , "Where do you want to be 10 years from now?" My answer was, "in a cold cold place". Well, I had meant it literally. I was in Allahabad (India) then. It must have been very very hot that day, usual for Allahabad during summers. And hence, at that time I wanted nothing, but to be in a cold place, be it anywhere!

And today I am in a cold place, again, literally. And this cold place saw its first snowfall of the year, on Thanksgiving. It really is a perfect combination, for me, at least. It was sort of a reminder saying "Here...this is what you had wished for. And today, don't forget to be thankful for having what you had wished for."

It surprises me sometimes how we forget to be thankful for all the things that we have, the same things that we had once wished for. We get used to the good things. We get used to bad things as well. But we never really forget to complain. When we get used to good things, we generally do forget to look at those once in a while and say, "Thanks".

Thanksgiving is one day that celebrates all relationships. It celebrates the togetherness that you have experienced through your thick and thin. Today is a reminder for you to thank your near and dear ones, if you have forgotten, for their presence in your life.

I would like to thank for having what I had randomly wished for, and for reminding me to go over all the things which I might have forgotten to give credit.

It does really make your day. Do try it!

Happy Thanksgiving to All..

Comments

sandeep said…
very nice! I know you arn't saying it but for some reason your post reminded me of the quote, "The price of getting what you want, is getting what you once wanted"

Popular posts from this blog

Nepali.. Not Nepali??

Today..